This healthy and delicious spinach soup is loaded with iron and vitamins. It can be serve for lunch or supper.
Spinach Soup Recipe:
300 grams baby spinach
20 grams unsalted butter
4 Tablespoon cream
2 medium potatoes (chopped into cubes)
2 medium sliced onions
1.25 litres chicken stock
1 sliced clove garlic
Juice of ½ a lemon
1. Using medium heat, put the butter in a large sauce pan and add the onions. Cook for at least 7-8 minutes or until onions are soft but not brown. Then add the potato cubes and garlic. Stir for an extra 2 minutes.
2. Put the stock and bring to a boil. Simmer for at least 10 minutes.
3. Add the spinach leaves and simmer for at least 10 minutes.
4. Remove from heat and allow to cool a little. Then purée the soup in a blender and put some grated nutmeg.
5. Add lemon juice, salt and ground black pepper to taste.
6. Simmer and then stir in the cream.