Although Sesame oil is best known in culinary applications, this polyunsaturated oil may also benefit your skin and help regrow hair. Here’s how you can Use Sesame Oil for Hair Growth and Fair Skin.
How to Use Sesame Seed Oil for Hair Growth:
For your hair, sesame oil may help due to its rich mineral content. These minerals provide your hair with nutrition, down to its roots.
Sesame oil is believed to help in increasing the blood circulation in your scalp. Increased blood circulation to your scalp may result in hair re-growth. For certain men, sesame oil may help in preventing the growth of an enzyme, which leads to male pattern baldness.
Using sesame oil for hair growth is very easy. Hair Loss Revolution offers this recipe for making your own sesame oil shampoo:
1. Sesame Oil Shampoo for Hair Growth
This hair loss prevention website offers a recipe for making your own sesame oil shampoo.
10 drops Sesame seed oil
10 drops Carrot seed essential oil
2 Tbsp Maple syrup
1/2 cup Liquid castile soap
1. Mix all the ingredients in a container.
2. Pour this mixture on your wet hair.
3. Massage into your scalp for a few minutes.
2. Taking Sesame Oil as a Supplement for Hair Growth
Sesame seed oil can help in lowering the levels of dihydrotestosterone (DHT), which contributes to the progression of hair loss for those with Androgenetic Alopecia (AGA), if taken orally.
You can substitute sesame oil for olive oil canola oil, in your cooking, or add a drop to smoothies, salads, soups, and more.
3. Applying Sesame Oil Onto Your Scalp for Hair Growth
1. Tub the oil to your scalp in sections.
2. Gently massage the oil into your scalp using a circular motion with the use of your fingertips. Doing this will increase blood circulation, and ensure that the oil is able to penetrate the skin.
3. Leave the oil on your scalp overnight.
4. Rinse off in the morning.
Doing these steps will ensure that your scalp has enough time to absorb the oil, and that your scalp will be left with a moisturizing and protective layer that will provide you with many benefits, including dandruff prevention and sun protection for the rest of the day.
Result times may vary, but doing this at least twice weekly is recommended.
How to Use Sesame Seed Oil for Skin Lightening:
1. Sesame Oil Face Mask:
According to Skin Disease Remedies, instead of mixing other natural ingredients, you can just directly apply this ingredient on your face.
1. Wash your face with water.
2. Pat dry.
3. Take 1 teaspoon of sesame oil.
4. Gently massage on your face using a circular motion.
5. Allow it to dry naturally.
Repeat this process at least twice a week.