Most of you do not realize that your favorite skin care products can be contributors for harmful ingredients, chemicals and toxins. This is what is known as “the real price of beauty.”
But, the good news is, there are still many natural ways to make your skin, and even your hair, look their best without buying expensive and harmful beauty products. Women have been using natural skin care products for years and possess some of the most admirable skin.
Here are some of the DIY Kitchen Cosmetics You Can do right in the comfort of your home.
DIY Kitchen Cosmetics:
1. Hair Care Mixture for Thinning Hair
If you have thinning hair, you need to be cautious about your regular haircare programme, and how you are from within.
Remember to eat salads, fresh fruits and increase your dairy intake. Consume foods rich in iron.
2 teaspoon Triphala powder
1 cup Hibiscus flower paste
1 egg or 1/2 cup Yoghurt
1/2 cup of Neem paste
1. Apply this hair mask after oiling.
2. Mix all the ingredients.
3. Apply on your hair.
4. Leave on for at least 1 hour.
5. Rinse off.
Do this at least twice a week, for improving hair growth and hair texture.
2. Facial Scrub for Spots and Acne Scars
2 teaspoon almond powder
2 teaspoon orange peel powder
2 teaspoon dried basil powder
2 teaspoon oatmeal
1. Mix all the ingredients.
2. Add some milk.
3. Apply all over your skin and let dry.
4. When dry, apply some coconut water.
5. Scrub off gently.
Follow this procedure daily.
3. Orange Peel Scrub for Acne-Prone Skin
Orange peel powder
2 teaspoon Neem powder
1. Combine Orange peel powder, neem water and rose water.
2. Scrub your skin using the combined mixutre.
4. Honey and Olive Oil Moisturizer for Dry Skin
1 teaspoon honey
1 teaspoon olive oil
1. Mixed the olive oil and honey.
2. Massage your skin using the mixture.
3. Leave on for about 15 minutes.
4. Rinse off.
5. Do this at least twice a day for 10 days and see the difference.
Suparna Trikha, columnist and nature care expert
photo credit: pixabay