Malunggay or Moringa oelifera is known as “nature’s medicine cabinet” because it is loaded with minerals and vitamins, that can be an effective remedy against many kinds of sickness.
There are many health benefits of malunggay or malunggay juice. Its leaves are rich in Vitamins which plays an important role in maintaining the body’s health.
Let’s get to know more about the Health Benefits of Malunggay, Malunggay Juice Recipe and its Essential Nutrients.
1. Malunggay has anti-cancer compounds or phytochemicals that help prevent the growth of cancer cells.
2. Malunggay leaves helps strengthens the body’s immune system.
3. Malunggay contains four times the calcium in milk, so it is advisable for lactating mothers to consume malunggay leaves, to produce more milk for their babies.
4. Malunggay contains 3 times more potassium in bananas.
5. Malunggay tea can help in healing inflammation of the tendons and joints .
6. Malunggay can help normalize blood sugar level, which can help in the prevention of diabetes.
7. Malunggay containts the Vitamin C content as seven oranges.
8. TMalunggay contains the essential properties which helps in improving the reproductive health especially men.
9. Malunggay contains 4x the vitamin A in carrots.
10. Malunggay help controls blood pressure, relieves headaches and restores skin condition.
Nutrients of Malunggay Juice:
1. Calcium – Is vital for strong teeth, bones and help prevents bone diseases
2. Protein – Is important for muscle development
3. Potassium – For healthy brain
4. Vitamin A – Prevents skin, eye, heart diseases
5. Vitamin C – Fights cough, fever, colds and flu
6. Vitamin D – Prevents cancer
Malunggay Juice Recipe:
1 cup water
1 cup Malunggay
1. Removed malunggay from stems.
2. Mixed 1 cup Malunggay and 1 cup water in a blender.
3. Extract the juice and enjoy!