An unhealthy skin will result in acne, wrinkles, redness, pimples and even skin cancer. But you can do some things to avoid the damages to your skin and protect this largest organ in your body properly.
Skin detox is very important. Just a few changes to your skincare routine, daily habits and diet may help improve the look of your skin.
You can increase the intake of fruits, organic vegetables and drink enough water, to help your body detox the toxic chemicals that may result in unhealthy skin. Also, there are are lots of natural ingredients that clear your skin from the inside out.
Secret Ingredients You Need to Detox Your Skin:
Clay is one of the most detoxifying ingredients that you can used on your face. When used as a facemask, it can remove all the toxins that is hiding in your pores.
In addition to being antibacterial, it attracts impurities and metals because of its magnetic charge and leaves behind minerals. Whether you use it on your face or any area of your body, clay can work wonders.
Clay Face Mask
1. Mix 2 tablespoons of clay with apple cider vinegar until it forms a paste.
2. You can also add essential oils and mix well.
3. Using your fingers, smooth the mixture over you neck and face.
4. Let it sit for 5-10 minutes, but do not let it dry completely.
5. If it starts to dry out, spray your face with water to keep it moist. The clay needs water to do its detoxifying work.
6. Rinse using with warm water.
7. Pat dry using a towel.
2. Lemon Juice
Lemon juice not only helps your liver detox all the organs in your body, but your skin as well.
Homemade Lemon Juice Moisture Cream
1. Mix equal parts of honey, olive oil and lemon juice.
2. Apply the mixture on the dry areas on your face.
3. Leave it on for 15 minutes before washing off.
Pineapple contains anti-inflammatory properties. It makes your skin looks clearer by removing toxins from the bloodstream and decreasing the infections. It is also a good source of vitamin C, which is an effective acne treatment.
Pineapple Juice Face Wash
1. Apply pineapple juice onto your face.
2. Let it dry.
3. Wash it off with cold water.
Do it regularly to make your skin clear.
Salt is known to detoxify the skin because of its significant moisturizing properties. It works to help you strengthen your skin’s moisture barrier by reducing pollutants from settling into pores. It also exfoliates the skin and gets rid of the dead cells lingering on your face.
1. Soaked in sea salt for at least 15 minutes.
Turmeric has been used widely as a natural remedy for treating skin problems. This is because this spice contains curcumin, which increases your circulation, helps cleanse your blood and has good anti-inflammatory properties. It also has antibacterial properties, thus helping in reducing pimples and acne.
Turmeric Oil-Control Mask
1. Combine turmeric powder, sandalwood powder and orange juice to make a paste.
2. Apply into your face.
3. Wash off after 10-15 minutes. This mask works effectively if you have oily skin.