Lemon is an inexpensive and easily ingredient that removes dandruff naturally. But did you know how and why it is good for dandruff?
Below are the reasons why lemon is an effective remedy for dandruff:
- It has anti-fungal properties that fight dandruff causing fungus.
- It cotaints citric acid and vitamin C that fights dandruff.
- It contains vitamins and antioxidants to promote healthy hair and scalp.
How to Use Lemon for Dandruff:
Lemon for Dandruff
1. Cut one ripe lemon into two halves.
2. Apply the juice directly on your scalp.
3. Massage gently for few minutes and leave on for another 5–10 minutes.
4. Rinse hair using cool water.
Note: Always do a patch test first, to determine if it will not irritate the skin.
Lemon rinse is the best way to get rid of dandruff and to prevent its recurrence.
You can use this lemon water, as a final rinse for the hair, after shampooing.
1. Boil 4 peels of lemon, using 4 cups of water for about 20–25 minutes.
2. Let the concoction cool down.
3. Use this to rinse your hair.
Note: Repeat this lemon rinse mixture regularly.
Lemon Juice with Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple cider vinegar contains acetic acid, which helps kill the fungus causing dandruff. It also clears dead skin cells on the scalp, thus preventing itchiness and dryness.
1. Combine 2 tablespoons of fresh lemon juice and 4 tablespoons of cider vinegar.
2. Using a cotton ball, apply this all over the scalp.
Note: Repeat the process regularly.
Lemon Juice with Garlic
Garlic which contains antibiotic property helps kill the bacteria on the scalp.
1. Combine 1 tablespoon of lemon juice and 2 tablespoons of garlic powder to make a paste.
2. Apply on the hair and scalp.
3. Massage gently.
4. Leave on for 30 minutes.
4. Wash off using herbal shampoo and cool water.
Note: Repeat regularly to get rid of dandruff.
Lemon Juice with Oil
Using hot oil combine with lemon juice, is one of the effective ways to treat dandruff.
1. Warm 1 tablespoon of coconut oil and castor oil, using indirect heat.
2. Add 1 tablespoon of lemon juice.
3. Stir well.
– Comb your hair
– Apply the warm oil mixture on the scalp.
– Massage your hair and scalp using circular motion.
– Cover your hair using a mosit and warm towel.
– Wash off after 20–30 minutes.