Dandruff is usually caused by the fungus known as Malassezia, which grows on the scalp. There are 2 types of dandruff, one, which occurs because of excessive production of oil. While the second one is because of the dryness of the scalp.
Also, dandruff is mainly caused by irregular brushing of hair, not washing hair regularly, stress and improper diet.
Below are the 3 quick and easy remedies that can help you get rid of dandruff.
Home Remedies for Dandruff:
1. Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple cider vinegar with water can help in eliminating not only dandruff, but product build-up and itchy and dry scalps. Dandruff is not contagious, but if you are looking for a cheap and easy fix, this is how it works.
1. Mixing 2 cups of water and 2 cups of apple cider vinegar.
2. Place the mixture into an empty spray bottle.
3. Spray the mixture on the roots of your hair all over.
4. Depending on your hair length, tie your hair back and wrap a plastic bag around it.
5. Leave on for 15 minutes to an hour, as per your hair type, if you have thick or long hair.
6. Wash your hair using shampoo and conditioner.
2. Coconut Oil With Lemon Juice
The scalp is naturally acidic. Therefore, using lemon juice, which is acidic in nature, is perfect for cleaning and restoring it. This is in combination with coconut oil, which is the perfect solution for dandruff.
2 Tbsp Coconut oil
1 tsp Lemon juice
1. Mix all the ingredients.
2. Apply the mixture to your hair and scalp.
3. Massage it for a few minutes.
4. Leave on for 20-30 minutes.
5. Wash off with shampoo.
Mouthwashes are great in helping to get rid of dandruff. This is because moutwash consists of anti-fungal properties which fight the dandruff causing yeast, therefore preventing its growth.
1. Mix 1 tablespoon of mouthwash with 9 tablespoons water.
2. Wash your hair using regular shampoo.
3. Apply the mouthwash mixture on your hair.
4. Leave on for 1 hour.
5. Rinse with water.
Repeat this once every week for best results.