Vitamin E is popularly known for its benefits for skin appearance and health. It can be applied topically to your face to make your skin look younger and reduce inflammation.
Many people also swear by the posotive effects of topical vitamin E when it is applied to the face overnight.
Vitamin E has been proven to be a miracle for your skin, below are all the ways you can apply it to your skin directly for best results.
1. Vitamin E on Your Face as Overnight Treatment
Vitamin E oil can be used on your face for overnight anti-aging treatment. Vitamin E contains a thick consistency, therefore, it is best to apply it before bed so that it can fully absorb.
You can apply an oil or serum mixture containing vitamin E as an all-over treatment on your face. This is different than using vitamin E when using a beauty treatment mask for a period of time, taking an oral supplement that contains vitamin E or spot-treating a blemish.
Applying vitamin E as a skin-conditioning or an anti-aging agent overnight involves letting the product completely absorb into your skin.
Most over-the-counter anti-aging creams contain between .05 to 1% vitamin E as one of their active ingredients. You should choose a product with a high concentration of vitamin E or alpha-tocopherol as the ingredient name, or search for pure vitamin E oil.
How to Apply Vitamin E oil to the Face as Overnight Treatment:
- Wash your face clean
- Rinse your face using lukewarm water, and pat your skin dry.
- If you are using pure vitamin E oil, mix 1-2 drops of it for every 10 drops of a carrier oil, such as almond oil, jojoba oil, or coconut oil.
- Apply the vitamin E serum or mixture of your choice to your skin using your fingers.
- Rub your face using small circular motions as you apply the treatment. This will stimulate circulation and spread the product out.
- Wait at for at least 20 minutes after application before resting your face on a surfce or pillow. This treatment is best repeated at least 1-2x per week as part of a skin care routine about 30 minutes before bedtime.
2. Vitamin E Oral Supplements
Vitamin E oral supplements can help support your body’s nutritional needs. One benefit of vitamin E oral supplements may be a glowing skin.
You can find oral supplements in most health food stores or online.
The daily vitamin E intake for adults should not exceed 15 milligrams.
3. Vitamin E masks
Beauty mask treatments that contain vitamin E may have anti-aging and skin-softening benefits. Masks with vitamin E tend to be combined with other ingredients, including vitamin C.
You can make your own vitamin E mask by combining vitamin E oil with a squeeze of fresh lemon juice, a skin-soothing almond oil, mashed avocado abd honey. Leaving this mixture on your face for about 10=20 minutes may help boost your skin’s brightness, clarity, and softness.
Vitamin E is fat-soluble, and this means it can build-up in your skin layer and in your body.
To keep from throwing off your skin’s natural oil balance or clogging your pores, do not use vitamin E treatments more than once or twice a week.
4. Other Vitamin E Products for the Face:
You’re probably getting enough vitamin E in your diet, but adding more through healthy foods could help in speeding-up your cell synthesis, and make you feel healthier overall.
Foods that are loaded in vitamin E include blackberries, almonds, and avocados.