Fathers can be pretty busy too just like mothers. When morning comes it’s either they are in the kitchen cooking breakfast or giving their little ones a bath before directing them to the dining room to eat their breakfast. Afterwards, he will drive them to school and only then will he head to his office to work until late in the day. Once back home, he will also tend to his children’s needs before he can find time for himself. With a father’s busy schedule, finding time to go the gym or working out seems impossible. But should your health be compromised because of your work load? Of course not!
The good news is that it is possible for you to keep your health intact while making sure that you get to do your responsibilities both at home and in the office. For those who are just starting out, follow these exercise tips.
- Be creative. If you can’t find time to go to the gym, be creative with your workout. For example, if you’re office is near your home, skip driving your car and walk or jog to work. You can even use a bike for that matter. Either way, you’ll be getting your heart rate up and your muscles working to burn calories while strengthening and toning your body.
- Go on a stroll. For dads whose little ones are still young, invest on a jogging stroller where you can push your baby while giving yourself a nice workout. You can find some second-hand jogging strollers online that you can use when walking your baby.
- Exercise on breaks. A busy schedule can kill your chances of working out but not when you can use your break time to squeeze in some much needed exercise. If you can reduce your lunch time to 15 to 20 minutes, you can use the remaining minutes for exercise. Even 30 minutes worth can do your body a world of good.
- Prepare your meals. Since your mornings will be devoted to ensuring that your kids are ready for school or that they have their snacks ready and waiting, you won’t have time to fix your lunch for yourself. Preparing your food the night before can save you time which you can use to do a ten minute walk or jog around the block.
- Build a home gym. This doesn’t necessarily mean that you will be spending a lot on gym equipment. You can always start with something simple like free weights, stability ball, medicine ball, or even resistance band for that matter. The goal here is minimizing your need to go to the gym which can be a few minutes away from home and paying extra to use the facilities. If you have a home gym, you will be able to squeeze in your workouts whenever you have free time.
Don’t let your busy schedule be a hindrance to maintaining your health. After all, there are a lot of ways in which you can stay fit and healthy even when you’re juggling a lot of responsibilities both at home and at work.