Red raspberries grow wild up the north woods, just like blueberries. Raspberry leaf has a wonderful nutrient profile and a taste similar to that of regular black tea but minus the caffeine.
What are the Benefits of Raspberry Leaf?
Raspberry leaf is rich in iron, potassium, magnesium and b-vitamins which make it helpful for improving sleep during pregnancy, leg cramps and nausea. The combination of nutrients in raspberry leaf makes it highly beneficial for the female reproductive system.
Also the high concentration of vitamin C in raspberry leaf makes it perfect during illness and as a base for homemade energy drinks. It is also known to be effective in easing the symptoms of PMS and endometriosis.
Red Raspberry Leaf Tea Recipe:
– 2-3 teaspoons dried red raspberry leaf or 2-3 tablespoons if using fresh ones
– Honey or lemon (optional)
1. Boil water.
2. Place the leaves in a strainer or tea ball in your mug.
3. Fill the mug with fresh, boiling water, then cover and let it steep for at least 6-8 minutes.
4. Remove the leaves. You can put honey or lemon to taste.