Are you sweating excessively? Do you often sweat more, as compared to others? This common problem can be quite embarrassing and irritating. The sweat from your underarms can soak through your clothes, and can make you smell bad.
But, unlike other issues such as dandruff or acne, most people find it uncomfortable talking about this problem.
Heavy sweating, which is also known as hyperhidrosis, can interfere with your daily activities. But there are natural effective ways to prevent this common problem. Here are some effective home remedies that can help you fight excessive sweating:
Natural Remedies for Excessive Sweating:
1. Black Tea
Black tea has tannic acid which offers both astringent and antiperspirant properties, whichcan help in controlling excessive sweating. Its astringent properties work on constricting the sweat glands that control the flow of sweat to the outer layer of the skin.
While other teas can be use, black tea contains the highest level of tannic acid, and therefore is the most effective.
How to Use:
1. Make a tea by putting 2 black tea bags into 3 cups of just-before-boiling-temperature water.
2. Steep for 10-15 minutes.
3. Dip a clean cotton pad or washcloth into the tea, and dab the tea onto the underarms.
You can also use this method for both feet and palm sweating by filling a small basin with 4 cups of hot water. Then put 2 black tea bags into the water, and allow it to steep for at least 10 minutes. You can now soak either your fet or palms in the water for about 20 minutes when the water cools slightly. Then repeat regularly for best results.
2. a.) Lemon Remedy for Armpit Sweating
Lemon is another effective remedy to control sweating. It has citric acid that eliminates the bacteria and its pleasant fragrance makes it as a natural deodorant.
Do not expose yourself in the sun after using this method, therefore the best time is to apply this at night.
How to Use:
1. Mix 1 teaspoon each of baking soda and lemon juice in a bowl.
2. Apply the mixture on your armpits using cotton pad.
3. Leave on for about 20–30 minutes.
4. Rinse with water.
5. Continue doing this regularly.
1. Rub 1/2 lemon on your underarms by gently squeezing it.
2. Leave on overnight or for 15-30 minutes.
3. Rinse off with water. If you are sensitive to lemon juice, you can dilute it with some water and apply by the use of a cotton ball.
Do the treatment only before going to bed, as lemon juice can make your skin sensitive. Apart from treating excessive sweating, lemon juice can also whiten your underarms or any other part of your body.
b.) Lemon for Body Sweat:
1. Mix 1 tablespoon of salt and 1- 2 tablespoons of lemon juice.
2. Apply on sweat prone areas of your body.
3. Gently massage using your hands for a few minutes.
4. Leave on for about 15–20 minutes.
5. Rinse off with water.
6. Pat your skin dry and repeat regularly.
Consuming a tomato-rich diet or dinking 1 glass tomato juice everyday can help in controllin excessive sweat. Tomatoes are not just loaded with cancer-fighting properties, they can also help in shrinking your pores, therefore reducing chronic sweat.
photo credit: pixabay