People are obsessed with the idea that they need to lose weight so they will have a nice figure while others want to become healthier but what about those who are struggling to gain more pounds on their skinny frame? There are those whose metabolism is faster compared to others that are being bullied too in schools and they are also struggling just like those who are overweight. Yes, chugging soda and binging on fries and other calorie laden snacks will definitely see your weight climb but you are not really getting the nutrients that your body needs.
For those who want to gain weight the healthy way, be sure to include these foods to your diet but watch your calorie intake.
- Oats. This This morning meal can give you 17 grams of protein per 100 grams of serving. Protein is necessary for muscle development and repair which your body needs. Add to this the fact that oats are good sources of fiber and you’ll soon be seeing more pounds added to you minus the calories. The fiber in oats helps clean your digestive system which means that you won’t suffer from bloat.
- Real nut butters. Natural peanut butters are great additions to your diet as they contain healthy fats and protein that can support you in your weight gain goal. Just a tablespoon of this type of peanut butter contains 100 calories, 4 grams of protein, folate, vitamin B3, vitamin E, and magnesium.
- Butter. For those who want to gain weight, you should include butter in your diet. Aside from tasting good, butter contains 81 grams of fat per 100 grams. Just make sure that you don’t eat too much as a large amount of the fats present are saturated fat which can block your arteries causing heart problems like stroke and heart attack.
- Noodles. Although there are some people who believe that eating noodles is bad for the health, it is still useful for those who are trying to gain weight because of the carbohydrates and calories present. Add some vegetables and chicken to pack in more calories and nutrients to help add to your current weight.
- Whole fat milk. Dieticians recommend that you swap skim milk with whole milk as the latter contains more fat which you need if you plan on adding more weight. When the fat of the milk is retained there will be more vitamins and minerals present. Whole milk contains plenty of vitamin A and D which are essential to your growth.
- Chicken. Weightlifters, athletes, and fitness buffs often include chicken in their meals as it is not only tasty but can add up to 25 grams of protein per 100 grams to your daily intake.
These are just a few healthy foods that will go well with your weight gain plan. Just remember that it will take some time before you see those additional pounds in the weighing scale so keep at it until you see an improvement in your current weight.