Sometimes drinking plain water just does not cut it. So what is the solution?
Fruit-infused water! Infused waters are quick and easy to make. Plus it is refreshing and nutritious. You can use any fresh fruit (except bananas), spices and herbs, to turn your plain water into a refreshing, healthy and flavored drink.
Below are 5 combinations you can try:
1. Apples and Cinnamon
5 thinly sliced apples
5 whole cinnamon sticks
2. Minty Cucumber Lime
1/2 sliced cucumber
1/2 sliced lime
1/4 cup fresh mint leaves
3. Slightly Spicy
2 thinly sliced cucumbers
2 seeded and sliced jalapeno peppers
4. Strawberry-Lemon with Basil
1/2 cup sliced strawberries
1/2 sliced lemon
1/4 cup fresh basil leaves
5. Pineapple-Orange with Ginger
1/2 cup cubed pineapple
1/2 orange, sliced
1 tablespoon freshly grated ginger
1. Gather all the ingredients.
2. Place the fruits, herbs and spices in the bottom of the jar. Then mash-upthe fruit and stir using a wooden spoon.
2. Fill jar with water and taste. If you like it a bit sweeter, add some agave and mix until dissolved.
3. Enjoy or refrigerate overnight for maximum flavor.