What You Should Know About the Pegan Diet

Related Articles

The Pegan Diet, is sort of the love child of the oddly matched Vegan and Paleo diets. Though contradictory, each diet fills out the other’s weaknesses.

Vegan diet provide some benefits, but it can be difficult to get adequate protein. On the other hand, those who follow the Paleo Diet, sometimes skimp on whole grains and vegetables.

What You Should Know About the Pegan Diet

What is the Pegan Diet?

Pegan Diet is a more vegetable packed, leaner and slightly less restrictive version of the popular Paleo diet. So let’s get to know more of this diet plan.

How to Eat Pegan

The Pegan Diet focuses mainly on vegetables and fruits. Specifically, filling at least 75% of your diet with plants and the other 25% with high-quality fats and animal protein.

The Pegan Diet is a somewhat odd combination, due to the fact that the foundation of the vegan diet, does not include the consumption of any animal products.

Pegan Diet is a modified and Paleo diet. Though the rules of the said diet is still evolving, these are the basics of eating Pegan.

Pegan DOs:

1. Healthy Grains
Vegans rely on grains for energizing B vitamins. You can choose gluten-free, whole grains, like quinoa, when you’re on a Pegan Diet.

2. High-Quality Fats
Coconut, avocado and olive oils, in addition to other sources of omega-3 fats, are staples of the Paleo Diet. It tends to be a part of good vegan diets, as well.

But steer clear of peanuts, which are legumes, and may limit the amount of saturated fats found in sustainably raised or grass-fed animals.

READ  Tips on Making Your Hands Look Younger

3. Lentils
Small beans are considered to be a nutritional powerhouse and a great source of meatless protein. This is allowed in limited portion. Other legumes or beans like peanuts and pinto should be avoided.

READ  14 Plants You Need in Your Home to Attract Positive Energy

4. Meat
As with the Paleo Diet, protein should come from antibiotic-free and grass-fed animals, meaning organic. Animal protein such as beef, chicken, eggs and fish, should only make up at least 25% of your diet.

5. Vegetables and Fruits
Both Palea and Vegan diets put an emphasis on plant-based foods. This is because they are a tremendous source of the minerals and vitamins that your bodies need to remain healthy. These should make up at least 75% of your diet.

Pegan DON’Ts

1. Dairy
Paleo and vegan dieters are staying away from butter. This is because many people have a hard time digesting it.

2. Sugar
Any healthy diet viewed sugar as a treat, which should be consumed sparingly. Too much of this sweet stuff has been associated with disease and obesity.

3. Soy
This vegan diet staple is not accepted in the Paleo and Pegan diet. This is because studies have associated the bean to hormone disruption and it also tends to be genetically modified.

Other Related Topics
7 Spices That Provide Life Saving Benefits
What to Eat When You Have Stomach Ulcer
Unique Dietary Recommendations Based On Your Blood Type

More on this topic

Comments

Popular stories

7 Weird Diet Rules Supported by Science

Are you ready to question everything you have been told about convetional weight-loss tips and diet rules?Here are 7 over-looked, but science-backed ways to...

Here’s What Happens When You Put These 2 Fruits on Your Face

The secret to a great and glowing skin may be right under your nose. Just place these 2 fruits on your face and see...

What Happens to Your Body If You Do a 2-Minute Plank Everyday?

Planks are one form of bodyweight exercise that will never wear out. Planks are one of the most effective exercises you can do.Why? Because...