Why is papaya very important for your skin care? Let’s find out why.
Papaya is one the perfect fruit for applying into your skin care regime because it contains an enzyme known as papain. Papain is responsible for reducing unwanted hair, skin whitening, repairing ageing skin and exfoliating dead skin. This papain enzyme is presentfound in maximum concentration under the peel of an unripe papaya.
For maximum benefit of papaya for your skin, you can use the peel rather than the pulp. Also, papaya is a rich source of vitamin A, vitamin C, vitamin E, folate, pantothenic acid, potassium and magnesium. Below are the 3 benefits of papaya for skin along with its recipes.
1. Papaya for Skin Whitening
The easiest way to get the benefits of papaya is to massage the papaya peels not only on your face but also elbows, hands and knees. You can also massage the papaya peel gently for 1-2 minutes and rinse off in 15-30 minutes.
The results are quick, you might notice some reduction in tanning and in hair growth with regular use.
5-10 Drops of lemon (Do not add for sensitive skin)
2 Papaya peel
1 tsp honey
1. Blend all ingredients.
2. Put the mask mixture on your face for at least 15 minutes.
3. Rinse off.
2. Papaya to Remove Unwanted Hair
Aside from the properties of raw papaya, turmeric is also a good way to get rid of unwanted hair and helps to prevent any infections due to its anti-bacterial property.
1. Take a few pieces of raw papaya and crush it into a fine paste.
2. Add a pinch of wild turmeric.
3. Apply the paste mixture on the area you wish to depilate.
4. Allow it to stay on the area until it dries.
5. Once it dries, scrub off the paste. The scrubbing motion will help remove the hair from the region. Do this at least once weekly to stop hair growth in the area.
3. Papaya Peel Rub for Skin Hydration
You can use papaya to improve your skin, by keeping the papaya peel after you have scooped out the fruit’s pulp.
This papaya peel rub can be use on any area of your body that you would like to improve, and not just on your face. It can help reduce minor scarring and age spots, improve blemishes or acne and for great relief for sun damaged skin.
1. Rub the inside of the papaya skin with the wet pulp, directly onto your face. Do this preferably in the morning or evening before showering.
2. Leave it on for a 1-2 minutes.
3. Wash it off while it is still a bit moist, rather than letting it dry tight.
– Papaya skin rub can be kept in the fridge for several days. You will only need a quarter section of the peel for your face. This paste mixture can be use a couple of times a week with good results.
– For problem areas such as darkened skin, age spots or minor facial scarring, put a small piece of papaya peel, and rubbed into the specific area daily.
1. How to Use Papaya to Get Rid of Split Ends, Damaged and Dry Hair
2. What You Should Know About Papaya
3. Health Benefits of Papaya Seeds to Fight Cancer, For Healthy Digestion and to Detoxify Your Body