Mango, which is also known as the king of fruits, is loaded with powerful antioxidants and phytochemicals that will give your skin the nourishing boost it needs. You can give your skin a natural beauty treatment by using mango.
What Makes Mango Beneficial to Your Skin?
Below is a list of nutrients found in mango and their benefits for your skin:
Alpha hydroxy Acids
Alpha hydroxy Acids are natural fruit acids that help break bonds between dead cells, which softens them for easy removal.
B vitamins slow down the aging process of your skin. It helps fight free radicals that can cause fine lines and damage to healthy skin cells.
Vitamin A rejuvenates dull skin. It is good for dry and combination skin. Also, it helps heals dry peeling skin.
Vitamin C helps in building up collagen and maintain skin elasticity.
Potassium has hydrating properties. It keeps your skin soft smooth and supple.
1. Mango Face Mask for Fairer Skin Tone
Mango is a very rich source of vitamin A, which helps in imparting a healthy glow to your skin. You can try this home-made mango face mask in summer to get whiter and spotless complexion naturally.
6 Mango pulp
1. Mix mango pulp with milk cream.
2. Apply on your face.
3. Leave on for 30 minutes.
2. Raw Mango Astringent for Acne Prone Skin
If you have acne, you can treat it naturally by using this homemade natural astringent.
1. Boil some raw mangoes in water, wihtout peeling them.
2. Let it cool.
3. Use the solution to apply to your skin.
3. Exfoliating Mango Face Mask
For that smooth and glowing skin, mix your mango pulp and ground oatmeal together to make an excellent exfoliating face mask. Oats contain a mild abrasive texture which helps slough off dead cells from the skin’s surface, thus moisturizing and softening your skin.
Oats are gentle exfoliator and sloughs off dead cells from skin. A natural absorbent which soaks up excess sebum from skin, thus reducing oily skin. Also, it promotes blood circulation when used as a face scrub which leads to healthy skin cells.
2 tsps ground oatmeal
1 Tbsp mango pulp
1. Combine all ingredients thoroughly in a small mixing bowl.
2. Gently apply on your clean face the mixture, in a circular motion. Let the mango face mixture penetrate deep into your pores.
3. Leave on for a few minutes.
4. Rinse off with warm water first.
5. Rinse with cold water to close off pores.
You can do facial steaming before applying the face mask to open up your pores and allow the mango face mask to sink deep.