Beauty products for beautifying one’s skin are certainly becoming more high-tech in their production as well as content but surprisingly, the best skin products aren’t found in the aisles of chemically created beauty items but rather in the aisles containing natural produce. Yes, there are many creams and lotions that can banish wrinkles and tighten sagging skin but opting for the healthier choices is far better since you’ll get the best treatment both inside as well as outside.
6 Foods to Consider for Better Looking Skin
- Chocolate. Chocolate lovers are doing it right apparently as chocolate, dark chocolate to be precise, is found to be quite beneficial to the skin. Dark chocolate is found to contain high amounts of flavonols which are a type of antioxidants that are responsible for hydrating and reducing inflammation. So go ahead and indulge in dark chocolate and see improvement on your skin.
- Wild Salmon. Wild salmon is worth adding to your diet as it contains high amounts of omega-3 fatty acids that aid in skin health. Omega-3 essential fatty acids can help hydrate your skin as well as make it supple and smooth.
- Yogurt. Another trick to making your skin smooth and healthy is to eat yogurt. The protein found in dairy can help make your skin firmer thus preventing those tell-tale signs of old age such as wrinkles. Health experts and nutritionists suggest Greek yogurt as it packs a powerful punch when it comes to making your skin healthy. Eat a single serving of yogurt per day to see better looking skin in no time.
- Tomatoes. Too much exposure to the sun can cause damage to your skin which is why it is important to get protection. Fortunately, eating tomatoes can provide you with the protection you need thanks to the lycopene present. The best way to get the most antioxidants from tomatoes is when you cook them so you can make salsas and soups out of it.
- Pomegranates. One of the main causes of poor looking skin is because of free radicals that come from the environment and the food that you eat. Fortunately, you can fight free radicals with the help of pomegranates. This fruit contains plenty of polyphenols which are quite handy when it comes to getting rid of free radicals in the body. Eating one fruit or drinking its juice can do wonders to your skin not to mention your overall health as well.
- Broccoli and Bell Peppers. To increase your collagen production, upping your vitamin C intake is a must. Both bell peppers and broccoli have high amounts of vitamin C in them making them the perfect addition to your diet. For sure, you will see fewer lines on your skin afterwards.
There are many ways to get fairer, smoother, and healthier looking skin aside from slathering beauty products on your skin. As a matter of fact, going all natural is far better because you can get more benefits aside from having better looking skin in the long run.