Are you trying to lose some excess pounds or get healthier? Then, try this easy and flavorful soup that’s ready in just 30 minutes, and what’s more its loaded with vegetables!
Of course, this soup is not the magic weight loss secret, but, if you are trying to reduce calories this is perfect to have in your fridge and ready to enjoy when you need a quick meal!
This weight loss vegetable soup recipe is not only loaded with flavor, but, it fills your belly and is naturally low in fat and calories.
Weight Loss Vegetable Soup Recipe:
This vegetable soup recipe is healthy, delicious, and filling! It’s easy to make and great for lunch or afternoon snack.
It’s colorful, bright, and filled with all kinds of vegetables (and you can easily substitute in whatever vegetables you like or have on hand).
4 cups chopped cabbage (Approx. 1/4 head of cabbage)
1 can 28 oz low sodium diced Tomatoes
6 cups low sodium Beef broth
2 cups Broccoli florets
2 cups sliced Zucchini
1 cup diced Carrots
1 cup green beans 1″ pieces
2 tablespoons Tomato paste
1/2 teaspoon each Basil and Thyme
2 cloves minced Garlic
2 whole chopped Bell peppers
2 Bay leaves
1 small diced Onion
Pepper to taste
- Use a large pot to cook garlic and onion over medium heat, until slightly softened.
- Add cabbage, carrots, and green beans, then cook an additional 5 minutes.
- Stir in undrained tomatoes, bell peppers, tomato paste, broth, bay leaves and seasonings. Then simmer for 6-7 minutes.
- Add in broccoli and zucchini. Simmer for an additional 5 minutes or until softened.
Remember to remove bay leaves before serving.
Sodium: 265mg, Calories: 41, Carbohydrates: 7g, Potassium: 498mg, Fiber: 2g, Protein: 3g, Sugar: 4g, Vitamin A: 2320%, Vitamin C: 49.3%, Iron: 0.8%, Calcium: 37%
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate, therefore this will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)
This is NOT a medical advice. This recipe is provided for informational and enjoyment purposes only. Eating this soup does not guarantee weight loss. Remember, before starting any weight loss program, make sure to consult your doctor.
- 5 Best Fruits for Weight Loss
- What Banana Color is Best for Weight Loss?
- Kiwano (Horned Melon): From Weight Loss to Preventing Pre-Mature Aging, and More