There are many natural solutions to heartburn that you can try. But, the easiest and the most common solution you should start with is mustard.
How Mustard Helps in Treating Heartburn:
Mustard is a seed that belongs to a group of alkaline food. If the food is alkaline, this means that it has the ability to neutralize the pH levels in your stomach.
Vinegar is the magical ingredient of mustard seeds, and it is nothing but weak acid. The role of vinegar is to balance the amount of acid from the consumed food, and thru this way it prevents heartburn.
Also, mustard seeds are very nutritious because these seeds are rich in magnesium, calcium, iron, zinc and omega 3 fatty acids. All these nutrients take part in the digestive process.
Vinegar, which is the key component of mustard seeds, help in stimulating the production of saliva. Saliva helps you digest the food you consume quickly, so that the acids don’t come back into your esophagus tube.
How to Use Mustard for Heartburn:
You can try using mustard in the following ways to help you get rid of heartburn. Make sure you follow and apply these methods regularly.
1. Plain Mustard
1. Choose the plain yellow mustard.
2. Every time the symptoms you experience heartburn, try eating a spoonful of mustard. Mustard takes away the pain of heartburn quickly.
3. To reduce the burning sensation in the esophagus and stomach, 1-2 teaspoons of mustard can be consumed.
2. Mustard with Buttermilk
This process is very useful in situations where it is harder to consume mustard with plain water.
1. Mix 2-3 teaspoons of mustard in 1 glass of buttermilk.
2. Add 1 teaspoon of grated ginger and 1 teaspoon chopped cilantro, if desired.
3. Drink this mixture to get relief from heartburn.
3. Mustard with Honey
1. Combine 2 teaspoons of organic yellow mustard and 1 glass of lukewarm water.
2. Mix in 1 teaspoon of honey.
3. Stir well.
4. Drink this mixture regularly.
4. Mustard Tea
Drinking mustard tea can also give you heartburn relief.
1. Boil 2 glasses of water.
2. Add 1 tablespoon of tea leaves.
3. Allow to boil for a few minutes.
4. Add 1/4 teaspoon of cinnamon powder, 2 teaspoons of mustard powder and 1/2 teaspoon of grated ginger.
5. Boil for a bit longer.
7. Add honey and consume regularly.
8. You can also add milk (optional) in the last stages of making the tea.
Also, you can add green tea leaves instead of tea leaves, but don’t add milk.
9. Consume regularly.
1. Say Goodbye to Heartburn With These 3 Natural Remedies
2. Top 6 Foods That Trigger Heartburn
3. Treat and Manage Acid Reflux Heartburn and GERDwith These All Natural Healing Drinks