A bowl of oatmeal makes for a filling and refreshing breakfast with various health benefits. But, the use of oatmeal is not just for your morning meal. You can include oatmeal in your beauty routine to have beautiful and flawless skin.
Oatmeal contains 18 different amino acids, which are important for a healthy skin. Amino acids serve as building blocks for your body, helping to promote healing and rebuild tissue. Oatmeal is also a good source of nutrients including copper, B vitamins, selenium, zinc, omega-3 fatty acids, and thiamin, which all support skin health.
Oatmeal Face Mask Recipes to Treat Every Skin Conditions:
1. Oatmeal and Papaya Face Mask for Acne
This is another great oatmeal face mask recipe for blemishes and acne.
Papaya is known to prevent premature aging. This is because it contains enzymes and vitamins, such as papain and chymopapain. Even papaya leaves help to lower inflammation, and work as an antioxidant.
1 teaspoon Oatmeal
1. Mash banana and papaya in a bowl.
2. Add oatmeal powder.
3. Mix well.
4. Apply face pack and leave on for 20 minutes.
5. Wash off with water.
2. Oatmeal Face Mask for Blackheads
Oatmeal, being a natural exfoliant, helps remove the dry and dead cells from your skin. This in turn leaves your skin free from blackheads. Also, oatmeal contains skin-lightening properties.
1. Put 3-4 tablespoons oatmeal powder in a bowl.
2. Add 1 tablespoon Green clay powder and 2 tablespoons each of honey and plain yogurt.
3. Mix all ingredients into a fine paste.
4. Apply the paste into your skin, and leave on for 15 minutes.
5. Rinse off using warm water, then pat your skin dry.
6. Apply a light moisturizer.
7. Use this face mask at least 2-3 times a week.
3. Oatmeal Face Mask for Glowing Skin
Oatmeal is well known for its softening and soothing properties. This is what makes it such a great addition to your skin care routine. Combine those properties with the lactic acid in milk, which helps exfoliates dead skin cells to reveal clearer, smoother, skin underneath. Then what you’ve got is a great recipe for youthful, bright, and glowing skin.
Whole rolled oats
1. Measure 1 tablespoon whole rolled oats into a mixing bowl.
2. Add 2 tablespoons milk.
3. Sprinkle at least ¼ teaspoon cinnamon.
4. Stir well until the mixture is even and smooth.
1. Wash your neck and face using warm water, and oil-free cleanser to remove open pores and makeup.
2. Apply the mixture to your neck, face, and décolleté.
3. Leave on for 20 minutes.
4. After 20 minutes, wash off the mask using lukewarm water.
5. Pat your skin dry using a soft towel.
Top 10 Home Remedies
Home Remedy Hacks
photo credit: pixabay