This shake provides all of the essential omega-3 fatty acids, protein, antioxidants, fiber and phyto-nutrients you need. It will help balance your blood sugar and help you maintain a healthy blood sugar level throughout the day.
Ultra Shake Protein Recipe
According to Cleveland Clinic, this healthy smoothie is rich in nutrients and protein, which keeps your blood sugar stable.
6 ounces filtered water
2 scoops pea protein powder
2 Tbsps ground flaxseed
1 Tbsp flaxseed and borage oil
1 Tbsp nut butter, such as macadamia, almond, cashew, sunflower seed or pecan
1 handful of ice, if you are not using frozen fruit
1/2 cup frozen or fresh non-citrus, low-glycemic fruit, which includes blackberries, blueberries, raspberries or cherries
1. Mix all ingredients in a blender.
2. Blend until smooth or for about 2 minutes.
3. If the shake is too thick, you can add more water until you reach a desired consistency.
4. Pour smoothie into glass and enjoy!
Saturated fat 3g
1. Did You Know-that-the-secret-to-beautiful-skin-is-in-this-smoothie
photo credit: pixabay