Weak eyesight is most often linked with either farsightedness (called hyperopia) or nearsightedness (called myopia). Factors including poor nutrition, genetics, excessive strain on the eyes, and aging usually contribute to these conditions.
Weak eyesight is normally treated by prescribing the patient for lenses, glasses, or surgery. But, you might try some home remedies to help enhance your vision.
Here are the Top 5 home remedies to improve your eyesight. These DIY remedies are easy and will not consume too much of your time
5 Home Remedies to Improve Eyesight:
1. Massage each of the acupressure points, which is around the corners of your eyes gently for 5-10 seconds. Do this several times daily.
2. Walking barefoot on the grass in the morning dew for at least 30 minutes is also considered an acupuncture method. This also helps in improving eyesight because it activates the nerve connected to your feet.
Almonds are great in improving vision due to their rich omega-3 fatty acid, antioxidant content and vitamin E. Also, almnds help enhance concentration and memory.
1. Soak 5-10 almonds in water overnight.
2. The next morning, peel the almond skin and grind.
3. Consume the paste with a glass of warm milk.
4. Do this daily for at least a few months.
3. Blink More Often
This is one of the home remedies in improving eyesight, which needs the least amount of effort. Blinking is a natural way to restore moisture into your eyes.
Make sure to blink every 5-6 seconds. This will give your eyes relief.
You should make it a habit to blink more often, if you are not doing so already. Also, you can close your eyes for 5-10 seconds. Do this when you are working a lot in your computer. This will help in relieving the eyes.
4. Eye Exercises
Doing eye exercises is one of the the easiest way for improving your eyesight. This eye exercise does not even involve you to be in a specific position or allot a separate time.
1. Roll your eyes clock-wise. Then anti-clockwise slowly.
2. Make sure that after completing 1 set, you blink a couple of times.
3. Keep repeating this for at least 4-5 times daily.
5. Palming and Sunning
Palming and sunning are also beneficial for your eyes as these methods help reactivate and flex the ciliary muscles and eye lens.
Sunning will provide the benefit of the sun’s healing abilities. While palming will promote a sense of well-being and relaxation.
As per Chinese culture, the sun contains eseential life energies that are critical to eye health and for overall body.
1. For sunning: Let the sun shine directly on your closed eyelids, while breathing deeply. Do this at least once daily for a few minutes, followed by palming.
2. For palming: To generate heat, rub your palms together, then gently cup your palms over your closed eyes, without applying pressure on the eyes.
Completely cover your eyes, so that there will be no trace of light. Do this at least several times daily, while visualizing a pleasant scene.
Top 10 Homeremedies
Home Remedy Hacks
Rebuild Your Vision
1. 5 Natural and Effective Ways to a Better Eyesight
2. Foods That Boost Your Eye Health and Improve Your Eyesight
3. How to Use Castor Oil to Prevent Cataracts and Improve Your Vision
photo credit: pixabay