Spider veins, or medically known as angioectasias or telangiectasias, are similar to varicose veins, but they are smaller. These tiny veins, which are found close to the surface of the skin, resemble spider branches or webs of a tree and are usually purple, red, or blue.
Spider veins are most often found on the legs, back of the calves, thighs, inside of the legs, and ankles. This is becuase of the high pressure that veins in the lower extremities have to endure. Just think about the the pressure of body weight, force of gravity, and the need to carry blood all the way up to the heart.
But, sometimes, spider veins can also develop in other parts of the body such as the face.
Apple Cider Vinegar (ACV) for Spider Veins
A study published on 2016, suggested that external application of apple cider vinegar on varicosity patients, have increased their positive effects of conservative treatment.
The patients in the study group applied apple cider vinegar to the area of the leg with varicosity, alongside the treatment suggested by the doctor. The patients in the control group received no intervention during the study.
After three months, the external application of apple cider vinegar or ACV was found to increase the effect of conservative treatment, and decrease the symptoms without causing any side effects.
How to Use Apple Cider Vinegar for Varicose Veins:
1. Soak a piece of cloth in raw unprocessed Apple cider vinegar.
2. Wrap the cloth around the area with spider veins. As a precaution, if you have sensitive skin or you are applying it to the delicate skin on the face, dilute the apple cider vinegar with water first, and start applying it for a shorter period of time to see how your skin reacts.
3. Leave on for 15-20 minutes.
5. Repeat twice a day until you can no longer see the spider veins.
You can also consume apple cider vinegar internally, at least once or twice a day.
1. Take 1 teaspoon raw apple cider vinegar. If you can tolerate the taste, increase the dosage to 1 tablespoon.
2. Combine with a cup of warm water or water at room temperature, then add a teaspoon of organic honey. Drink this before meals.
3. This can help in the removal of the inflammation of veins. Results may vary, but you should be able to see the changes on your skin within a few months.
How to Choose the Apple Cider Vinegar in the Treatment of Spider Veins:
The general vinegar that is being used in cooking is not highly effective in the treatment of spider veins. That is why you must use pure apple cider vinegar, which is unfiltered and unpasteurized. This is because only that type of vinegar, contain the mother of the vinegar, which is a muddy substance rich in essential enzymes and nutrients.
Buy a bottle of organic apple cider vinegar of a trusted brand. Then check the labels to make sure that it is an unpasteurized and unfiltered variety of apple cider vinegar.