Chest acne is a very common problem. Outbreaks of acne on the chest are caused by similarreasons that cause acne on your back “bacne” or face. Your skin produces an oil known as sebum to help protect your skin. But, if the sebaceous glands produce too much sebum, your pores can become infected and clogged which results in pimples, acne and pustules.
There are many reasons why acne can especially affect your chest. According to Mayo Clinic, some other reasons for outbreaks of acne are:
- Dirty environment
- Unhealthy diet
- Certain medications
- Wearing tight-fitting clothes that does not allow the skin to breathe.
- Physiological or emotional stress
1. Apple Cider Vinegar
Raw apple cider vinegar is used as a natural home remedy to clear excess sebum from your skin and to help unclog blocked pores. This is because apple cider vinegar have high levels of acetic acid, which is known to be a natural anti-inflammatory and antiseptic agent to help get rid of acne-causing germs on the chest.
In using apple cider vinegar to naturally peel off layers of dead skin, you should dilute using water and apply as a skin toner.
1. Mix equal parts of water and raw apple cider vinegar.
2. Apply the mixture to your chest acne, using a cotton ball.
3. Repeat at least 2x a day to speed up the removal of pimples and help your skin heal faster.
Apple cider vinegar should not be applied undiluted. It is best to try a skin test on a small patch of skin to make sure it does not sting too much.
Oatmeal can be effective in getting rid of chest acne because it can effectively help in absorbing the oil that is left on your skin. Also, it can clean the pores from the dirt that are left over even after cleaning.
1. Cook the oatmeal.
2. Mix a teaspoon of lemon juice and honey with the cooked oatmeal.
3. Rub the oatmeal mixture on your chest area.
4. Leave on your skin for about 30 minutes.
5. Rinse with warm water.
3. Sugar Scrub
Another natural and effective way to peel away dead skin cells from your chest and unblock the pores is to use a sugar scrub. The grainy texture of sugar can help in removing excess sebum and loosen dirt that can lead to acne.
In the sugar scrub, you can also add some lemon juice to help fight outbreaks of acne on the chest area. Lemon juice have Alpha Hydroxy Acid that is a natural chemical peel for the skin and helps in getting rid of dead skin cells. Honey can also help due to its soothing effect on inflamed skin and antibacterial properties.
1. Combine juice of 1/2 lemon, 1/4 cup of sugar and 1 tablespoon of raw honey. You can use Manuka honey.
2. Gently massage the mixture into the affected areas of your chest.
3. Leave for about 5 minutes.
4. Rinse off.
5. Apply the sugar scrub remedy at least 1-2 times per week. This will help unblock your pores from dead the skin cells and prevent more acne outbreaks.