Do you sometimes experience neck cramps when you wake up? You wake up and then go for a big stretch when, suddenly its Neck cramp!
A stiff neck is not just usually an indication of a serious medical problem, but it can interfere in your daily activities. There are many causes of stiff neck, these includes anxiety, wrong sleeping position, poor posture at work, straining through exercise and other health issues.
You can try these steps to bring relief to your neck and you can do that in just 1 minute. Here’s how:
- Find your sore spot.
- If the sore spot is on the right side of your upper back or neck, place your right hand on the area.
- If the sore spot is on the left side, use your left hand.
- Push into the knot using your fingers, while applying firm pressure. But remember that, This may smart. It should be a good hurt that you can tolerate and not a sharp pain.
- If you cannot reach it, a prop, such as a tennis ball can do the work for you. Just lean against a wall for leverage.
- Turn your head slowly and slightly in the direction opposite the cramp.
- Bend it diagonally, like you were trying to touch your armpit with your chin. Activating the cramped muscle, with pressure, can help relax the kink.
- Repeat steps 1 to 3, for about 20 times in a row.
- Afterwards, give your upper back and neck a long stretch.
- Complete the series throughout the course of a day, to keep your muscle relaxed.