Nerve pain affects a lot of people. This can be due to sciatica, diabetes, or other health issues that can cause havoc in your nerves. Perhaps you’ve tried taking medications to deaden the pain but it still won’t go away. If you are looking for an alternative to constant medication, perhaps the solution might be something simple as choosing the right kinds of food for your daily diet.
What kinds of food should go into your diet to stop or at least prevent nerve pain? Here are some that you should add to your diet.
- Berries. Raspberries, blueberries, blackberries, and strawberries are perfect additions to your diet as they contain high amounts of antioxidants. Antioxidants are needed by the body to fight off free radicals that are causing damage to your skin and overall health. What’s more, foods that are high in antioxidant content can help strengthen the nerves so that there will be less nerve pain.
- Bell peppers. Red and green bell peppers are worth adding to your diet as they are packed with plenty of vitamin C that can boost your immune system. Aside from this, these vegetables can also help repair damaged nerves to lessen the pain. You can even get protection against autoimmune diseases while at the same time prevent aging from occurring fast.
- Salmon. Another type of food that you should include in your diet is salmon and other fish like trout, tuna, halibut and cod. One reason behind this is that these types of fish have plenty of omega-3 fatty acids in them which play a huge role in preventing inflammation in your body. This can prevent damage to your nerves which is what you need to avoid suffering from nerve pain.
- Eggs. If you haven’t been eating eggs lately, you should start adding them to your diet as they contain protein and vitamin B12. Protein is essential to repairing damaged tissues especially when you have been lifting heavy weights while vitamin B12 helps in strengthening your nerves and to provide relief against nerve pain.
- Water. This is one of the most important foods to add to your daily diet. Your body is comprised mostly of water which goes to show that you need to replenish the liquid that you have been expelling from your body through sweat and urine. Drinking up to 10 glasses of water per day is highly recommended as this can help flush out the toxins in your body while at the same time keep you hydrated.
There is no reason for you to be restricted because of nerve pain since there are healthier ways for you to prevent pain from flaring up. By making changes to your current diet and choosing foods that are high in omega-3 fatty acids, vitamin C and B12, you will be able to lessen the pain that constantly hurts you. For sure, it will be easier for you to live your life free from nerve pain.