Your makeup kit should never be without a lipstick! This must-have for your pair of plump kissers helps put emphasis on your natural beauty and bring out your self-confidence. Whether you are headed to the workplace or the local mall, putting on the lipstick shade perfect for your personality and attire is of utmost importance.
Sorry to say, lipstick that is stamped with a popular brand name can come with a very steep price tag. It can be very easy for any woman who wants to own various shades of lipsticks for different occasions and moods to end up overshooting her budget if she fails to practice caution while shopping!
Whether you are trying to scrimp on cash or you just love to take on various DIY projects, it’s very much possible to whip up your own lipstick at home! By embarking on this mission, you are not only unleashing the arts-and-crafts lover in you but you are also given the opportunity to come up with a unique lipstick shade.
Take a good look at some of the amazing benefits of creating lipstick with your very own hands:
- You get to learn something new to share with your family and friends
- Spending tons of cash on a lipstick can be avoided
- The materials and ingredients used are very easy and cheap to obtain
- You can express yourself more by coming up with a shade that suits your unique personality
- Mother Earth will be very proud of your because the project entails some recycling
- Starting up your very own line of lipstick is even possible
Before we actually start the DIY project, let us discuss a few important matters first. Make sure that you have an empty tube of your favorite lip gloss because this is where you will be pouring the mixed ingredients, allowing you to apply the finished product effortlessly. If an empty lip gloss tube is not available, you may simply opt for a very small container that can easily fit in your purse or pocket. However, applying the lipstick once it’s ready will require you to use a small brush or your fingertip.
Also, you should have some crayons in the shade of your liking. You may opt for a basic shade like red, pink or black. You may also mix and match to come up with your signature shade. Experimenting is key! Especially if you want to do your share in making the planet a better place for all, using old crayons is definitely recommended.
Are you excited to come up with lipstick that you can proudly show off because it’s the product of your own creativity and hard work? Continue reading to get started!
- 1 tablespoon of crayons (peeled and broken down into bits)
- 1/2 teaspoon of coconut oil
- 1/4 teaspoon of any available vegetable oil
- A small saucepan
- A small glass jar
- A chopstick
- A mitten
- Your preferred mold
- Boil a little amount of water in the saucepan.
- Carefully place the glass jar in the saucepan and add your crayons, coconut oil and vegetable oil.
- Constantly stir with a chopstick until the crayon bits are completely dissolved.
- Turn off the heat.
- Using a mitten, take the small glass jar out of the saucepan and allow it to cool for a bit.
- Once slightly cool, carefully transfer into your mold.
- Your DIY lipstick is ready once completely cool!