When it comes to staying fit, you don’t have to pay a lot for a gym membership or even spend hours sweating it out using various exercise machines. As a matter of fact, you don’t even have to leave your home to stay fit and healthy. For those who are looking for an exercise program that they can do anytime and anywhere, here are some cardio workouts using your bodyweight.
- Jumping Jacks. Warm-ups are important before any workout because it helps the muscles to loosen up and be more flexible. Doing jumping jacks is highly recommended. Start by standing upright with feet together and knees slightly bent with arms at your sides. Jump up as you bring both hands together overhead with feet spread a bit wider than your hips. Jump up to bring hands down and feet together.
- Stair Climb. If you have access to stairs in your apartment or office, you can utilize it for your cardio workout. Go up and down the flight of stairs at a brisk pace to get your heart pumping. Skip the elevator when going to work so you can add a bit of exercise to your morning routine.
- Mountain Climber. This workout targets your legs, arms, and core muscles. Start by going down on all fours. Lift knees off the ground then bring right knee towards your chest while keeping your left leg extended behind you. Quickly switch legs so your left knee is up while the right is extended. Repeat as many times as you can and as fast as you can.
- Basic Burpee. This is another cardio workout that belongs in your fitness regimen. Start by going down into a low squat with your hands placed on the floor. Quickly kick your feet behind you to go into a push up position then go back to a low squat. To finish this move you should jump up and extend arms above your head. Repeat this exercise 10 times.
- Diver’s Push-up. Start in a dog-down pose with your arms steady on the floor. In one fluid motion, swoop your hips towards the floor with your chest rising and your head facing forward. Your back should be arched at this point as you gaze towards the ceiling. Reverse your movement to go back to first position.
- Squat Jump. Execute a regular bodyweight squat where your heels are pressed on the floor as you bend at the hips and knees until your thighs are parallel to the ground. At the bottom of your squat push down on your heels and jump explosively as you extend your arms above your head. Do 10 to 15 reps.
These bodyweight exercises are just a few workouts that you can include in your daily fitness regimen. What’s great about these exercises is that they can be done anytime you want. You don’t have to buy any equipment and you don’t have to pay any fees. It is just a matter of staying committed to your fitness regimen to see the best results.