Men are often focused on training their bodies to become stronger, bigger, and leaner but no matter how many hours you put in the gym, without proper foods, you’ll end up with a body that can’t protect itself against various health problems. For guys who want to clean up their act and would like to make themselves healthier, these 6 essential foods should go into your diet.
- Oysters. The first on the list of foods that men should consider adding to their diet is oysters. This particular seashell is high in zinc content which is important for the prostate. If your zinc levels are low, it can lead to infertility including prostate problems. Since the body doesn’t produce this mineral, you need to get it into your system through eating oysters and other seashells.
- Almonds. How about adding some nuts to your diet? Almond is considered as a superfood as it contains fiber, protein, as well as vitamin E which are all essential to one’s health. There are some guys who skip on eating almonds because of the unsaturated fats present that can add calories to their diet but this shouldn’t be something to be feared because it won’t make any significant impact on your weight.
- Wild salmon. Men can suffer from erectile dysfunction if they don’t have enough vitamin D in their system. This can be easily remedied by adding more foods containing this specific vitamin such as wild salmon. Since wild salmon has high amounts of vitamin D in it, it will help prevent any inflammation that can damage your vascular system.
- Turkey breast. For sure you are pumping iron to develop your muscles but what do you eat after that? Muscle repair is critical to those who are lifting weights so they will become bigger and stronger. What you need is a food source that can provide you with protein which is exactly what you can get from turkey breast. Aside from protein, turkey breast also contains zinc, B vitamins, as well as selenium. The best part is that you can prepare it in many ways so you won’t get bored with your meal.
- Walnuts. Here’s another essential food that men should be adding to their daily diet. Walnuts are known as one of the best sources of antioxidants, omega-3 fatty acids, including phytochemicals that promote better brain health. Research shows that the vitamins and minerals present in this nut can actually prevent cognitive decline as well as depression.
- Quinoa. If you are not a fan of whole grains, a good substitute is quinoa. Light and has a mild taste to it, quinoa contains more protein compared to other grains out there. Fiber, B vitamins, and other essential nutrients make quinoa a worthy choice for anyone’s diet.
Finding the right kinds of food to incorporate into one’s diet shouldn’t be too difficult. For men who are looking into correcting their diet, these foods should be included in your list as they can give you the vitamins and minerals that you will need to become stronger and healthier in the long run.