Puffy eyes in the morning can throw you off your game as you try to minimize their appearance especially when you have a big day at the office. There are a lot of factors that can contribute to this beauty problem such as stress, excessive crying, hormonal changes, sinus problems, genetics, hangover, and lack of sleep among others. Fortunately, you don’t have to worry about puffy eyes making your day from bad to worse because you can actually treat them right before you leave home.
If you are looking for ways to reduce the puffiness around your eyes, try these five beauty tips first.
- Cold spoons. One of the quickest ways to reduce puffy eyes is to place a cold spoon on top of it. What this treatment can do is to let the blood vessels around the eyes relax while at the same time, tighten the skin around it. Just place 5 to 6 teaspoons in the fridge then place the rounded portion of the spoon on your eye until it becomes warm. Replace with another spoon. Do the same thing with the other eye.
- Avocados. Puffy and dark circles under the eyes can be caused by lack of a good night’s sleep. Unfortunately, the sight of these symptoms can actually make you look older than your year which is why you need to minimize it as much as possible. One way to reduce the appearance of dark circles under your eyes or the puffiness is by placing some slices of avocadoes on the affected areas. You can even mix some milk with ground almonds until you form a paste then apply the mixture on the affected eye to reduce the dark circles.
- Tea bags. Tea is known for its anti-inflammatory and antioxidants which makes it a good choice when it comes to treating puffy eyes. You will need to put 2 used tea bags in the fridge until cold. Close your eyes then place the bags on top of your eyes. Sit back and leave the tea bags on for 15 minutes. You can use this treatment twice in a day.
- Cucumber. This is probably one of the oldest treatments that you can use when it comes to getting rid of your puffy eyes. For those with red and puffy eyes in the morning, cut a few slices of cucumber and place them on your eyes. Make sure that you lie down first to prevent the cucumber slices from falling off your face. Leave it for 30 minutes.
- Potatoes. Here’s another eye treatment that will banish the puffiness of your eyes in no time. First you need to wash the potatoes and peel them. You will need to grate the potato then store the shavings on a clean cloth. Tie the ends of the cloth before placing the pouch on top of your closed eyes. Leave it for several minutes. You can do this several times in a day until you are satisfied with the results.