If you want to have straight hair without causing damage to your lustrous locks, you can try some natural home remedies. There are ingredients that can be found in your kitchen that can help straighten your hair naturally.
Remember not to use these home remedies more than 2-3 times a week. Daily use would not be healthy for your hair and scalp.
Home Remedies for Straight Hair:
1. Aloe Vera Gel Hair Straightener
Aloe vera contains several enzymes that helps enhance healthy hair growth and makes it smooth and soft as well. Aloe vera gel also easily penetrates into your hair strands and maintains them well moisturized. Therefore, using aloe vera gel can help in straightening your hair naturally. Here is the homemade hair straightener recipe:
1 cup Aloe Vera gel
Several drops of Essential oil
1. Extract the gel from the aloe vera leaf.
2. Put the extract in a bowl, then add several warm essential oil drops and mix both ingredients thoroughly.
3. Apply the mixture on your hair and scalp.
4. Leave on for at least 1 hour and wash it out with a shampoo.
To get shiny, straight and healthy hair, use this method once a week.
2. Lemon Juice with Coconut Milk for Hair Straightening
You can use this mixture at least once a week. Lemon juice helps in straightening your hair. When combine with coconut milk, it helps condition your hair while giving your scalp a vitamin C boost.
This mask will leave your hair feeling silky and soft, and you will notice that your hair is smoother just after the first treatment.
¼ cup Coconut Milk
1 tbsp Lemon Juice
1. Mix the lemon juice and coconut milk.
2. Refrigerate the mixture overnight.
3. Apply the mixture to your hair in the morning. Start from the roots to the tips.
4. Leave on for 30 minutes.
5. Wash off with cool water and a mild sulfate free shampoo.
3. Hot Almond Oil Hair Straightener
Hot almond oil treatment is a very effective remedy for hair straightening. Almond oil consists of vitamins A, B1, B2, B6, E and D and polyunsaturated mono fatty acids, which are all helpful for growing strong and healthy hair strands.
1/2 cup Almond oil
1. Add ½ cup of almond oil in a microwave-safe bowl.
2. Heat on the microwave for 10 seconds.
3. Place the hot oil in a bowl.
4. Apply into your scalp.
5. Gently massage for about 10-15 minutes.
6. Leave on for at least 60 minutes.
7. Wash using a mild shampoo.