A large number of people suffer from stiff neck on a regular basis. This condition is not limited to a certain race, gender, tribe, culture, or religion, as it is evidently common among adults.
The stiffness around the neck usually comes with excruciating pain and discomfort and may be caused by poor posture; poor sitting or lying habits, work-related strain, chronic stress, and tension among many others. Harsh weather conditions may also cause the development of stiff neck.
The 10-Second Therapy
You can experience instant relief from stiff neck and associated pains simply by testing out this simple and straightforward 10-second therapy.
What you need
- exercise mat
- rolled up folded towel
- 10 seconds
How to do it
- lie flat on your back
- try to put your body in a relaxed state
- take the rolled or folded towel and then place it directly under your right shoulder
- bend your right arm at a 90-degree angel with your hand parallel to your head and with palm facing outward
- place your left hand across your chest and on your right shoulder
- keep this posture for about 10 seconds
- you may repeat the procedure several times if needed
The stiffness in your neck will immediately disappear and your neck will loosen up and feel less tense. The pain will go away as well.
This is a great instant trick if you are suffering from stick neck. However this is true, it is also recommended to identify the cause of your stiff neck and find effective ways on how to avoid its development. Remember that prevention is always better than cure.