Shiny hair is a sign of a healthy person. It can add confidence to one’s personality and defines how an individual see the world.
Most people spend a fortune to have that perfect and shiny hair. But, instead of relying on commercial products that contain chemicals, you can use some natural ingredients that can help support your hair’s health. Natural ingredients not only ensure that your hair will not be treated with chemicals, but also are cost effective.
Ripe papaya is a popular ingredient for that DIY homemade hair masks. Along with papaya, honey, olive oil and coconut milk are great for making a growth-supporting and hydrating hair mask.
Like coconut oil, coconut milk is a perfect ingredient for hair care. Its high fat and vitamin E, helps strengthen your hair from the roots. Also, it helps soften and treat dry hair.
It can easily penetrates deep into your hair shafts, which in turn supports hair growth. Some individuals even use coconut milk to massage the scalp before taking a shower for hair growth support.
Honey is an excellent ingredient for your hair. It is known to be a natural emollient, that works as a hair softener for that smooth and soft hair. The antioxidants present in honey, makes your scalp healthy and help stimulate hair growth.
Ripe papaya is rich in numerous nutrients like vitamins A and C, beta carotene, magnesium, potassium and copper that support healthy hair growth and also help make your hair smooth and shiny.
Also, the enzymes present in papaya prevents build-up of impurities and oil on the scalp, which is one of the main causes of dandruff. It works as a great hair conditioner, when used in small amounts, thus giving your dull and lifeless hair, some shine.
DIY Papaya Hair Mask Recipes:
1. Papaya With Honey Hair Mask – For Split Ends
This type of hair mask is very beneficial for split ends and lessens the damage caused to your hair by chemicals.
1. Remove the seeds and cut the papaya into little pieces.
2. Add 1/2 tablespoon of honey and mix well using a blender. Make sure it is mixed properly, without any chunks.
3. Add 1/2 cup of olive oil and blend well.
4. Apply to your hair and scalp and leave it for about 1 hour.
5. Rinse well using a mild shampoo. This mixture works as a natural conditioner, to keep your hair healthy and free from split ends.
2. Papaya Hair Mask – For Dry and Damaged Hair
This nourishing papaya mask is for dry and damaged hair due to neglect and environmental factors.
1. Take some pieces of freshly-cut ripe papaya.
2. Add 1 tablespoon olive oil and blend well.
3. Add 2 tablespoons coconut oil and make a thick paste.
4. Apply this to your hair.
5. Rinse off after 30 minutes using regular shampoo.
3. Papaya With Coconut Milk Mask – For Shiny and Healthy Hair
This papaya with coconut milk mask is very beneficial for a strong, shiny and robust hair.
1. Cut the papaya fruit into small pieces and remove the seeds.
2. Mix 1/2 cup of coconut milk.
3. Mix a few drops of honey.
4. Blend well.
5. Apply this mixture to your hair and leave on for 30 minutes.
6. Rinse well using regular shampoo.
Also, this type of masks can be used as a natural conditioner to remove the dull looking appearance of your hair.
This papaya mask is known to add volumes to your hair, as well. Use them regularly as a part of your diet too, as papayas are loaded with vitamins and nutrients that are good for your body.