We all know that apples have many health benefits. But did you know that apple skins are good for you, as well? There is a significant portion of nutritional value present in the apple peel.
If you are suffering from stressed-out and tired skin, you can use an apple face mask to brighten your skin instantly. Apple contains antioxidant properties and vitamins A, B, C that relieves damage caused by constant exposure to dirt and grime. Below are some face mask you can try using apple peels.
Beauty Uses of Apple Peels:
1. Apple peel + Tomato Face Mask
This mixutre will give you a fairer, smooth and radiant skin. It also acts as a good cleanser, moisturizer and will also shrink your pores.
1 red apple
1 small plum-sized tomato
1. Collect the peel of one red apple and place in a small bowl.
2. Place the apple peel and the tomato into the small mixer jar and blend it.
3. Transfer the mixture to a bowl.
4. Add 1 tablespoon of milk.
5. Mix well. The consistency will be a little watery but this is fine.
How to Use the Mask:
1. Apply the mask on your face and neck.
2. Leave on for about for about 20 minutes.
3. After 20 minutes, wash using soap and water,
2. Apple Peel Powder with Buttermilk Face Mask
Apple peels have large quantities of vitamins, essential minerals and antioxidants that your skin needs to be healthy.
Using apple peel will also help protect your sensitive skin from the effects of UV light. This is because the skin of the apple contain polyphenols, an antioxidant that combat free radicals and protect against ultraviolet radiation, that prevents the appearance of the first signs of skin aging.
Also, apple skin is loaded with vitamin C, that prevents premature aging, enhances skin glow and promotes even skin tone.
3 Tablespoon buttermilk
2 Tablespoon apple peel powder
1. Mix the ingredients.
2. Apply the mask on your face.
3. Leave on for 15-20 minutes.
4. Wash your face using cold water.