Yogurt are full of calcium, protein, vitamin D and probiotics and there is no doubt that it provides delicious benefits for your body. But, did you know that it can also do beauty wonders for your skin as well.
When applied to the skin, a yogurt face mask will help moisturize, relieve sunburn, brighten and exfoliate your skin. It is known to be an all-around beauty multi-tasker.
So grab that yogurt in your fridge and test out these 4 skin-rejuvenating ways to use the creamy thing right now!
1. To Moisturize Skin
You can revive your dull skin face using only that tasty yogurt in your fridge. You can apply that yogurt face mask, 2-3 times a week to leave your skin soft.
1. Wash your face.
2. Apply the yogurt over your face and neck.
3. Leave it on for 10 minutes.
4. Rinse it off.
2. To Exfoliate Skin:
If you combine yogurt with other ingredients, you can make a gentle exfoliant to get rid of dead skin cells. It will also help to nourish the skin.
2 Tbsps yogurt
1 Tbsp oats
1. Mix the two ingredients together.
2. Use circular motions to massage your face.
3. To Brighten Skin:
2 Ripe strawberries
1 tsp raw honey
1 tsp yogurt
1. Mash the ripe strawberries.
2. Add the honey and yogurt and mix thoroughly.
3. Apply the mixture onto your clean face, using a circular motion.
4. Leave on for 15 minutes.
5. Scrub off the face mask using warm water.
6. When the mask is off, splash cold water on your face to close up your pores.
4. For Sunburn Relief
You can nourish your sunburn using yogurt. The zinc present in yogurt helps cool the sunburn.
Chamomile essential oil
1. Add a few drops of chamomile essential oil to a handful of organic yogurt.
2. Rub the mixture over your sunburned skin.
3. Let it sit for 10-15 minutes before rinsing.