Calluses and corns are thick and hardened layers of skin, that develop when the skin protects itself against pressure and friction. Most often, it develops on the feet, toes, hands and fingers.
Below are some natural remedies on how to remove corns and calluses with lemon and bread. It is so simple and very effective.
1. Lemon Paste
2-3 Tbsps lemon juice
2 tsp oolive oil
Adhesive or medical tape
1. Combine lemon juice and olive oil.
2. Add the baking soda, and mix well until a paste is formed.
3. Store in a tight container, away from direct sunlight.
4, Apply to the callused area and cover with gauze. You can apply as often as needed.
How it Works:
Baking soda: Baking soda contains sodium bicarbonate, which helps exfoliate the skin. It also has antibacterial and anti-fungal properties.
Lemon juice: Lemon juice has a high acidity level, which helps to to soften the hardened skin of your corn or callus.
Olive oil: Olive oil helps to moisten the skin and helps counteract the astringent properties of the lemon juice, ensuring your skin does not dry out.
2. Bread & Vinegar Remedy
1 cup Apple cider vinegar or white distilled vinegar
Piece of bread
Gauze or thin fabric
Adhesive tape or medical tape
1. File the callus slightly using a pumice stone.
2. Pour half a cup of apple cider vinegar into a bowl. Then soak the half slice of bread.
3. After soaking thoroughly, put directly on the callus and wrap using a gauze and secure with the adhesive tape.
4. Another way is to mash the bread to form a paste, apply to the callused area, then wrap using a gauze.
How it Works:
Bread: The bread is use as a means of application, instead of using a sponge.
Vinegar: Vinegar is known for its antibacterial and anti-fungal properties. Also its high acidity level, helps to soften the callused skin.
Note: The size of bread and the amount of vinegar to be used may vary, depending on the size of the area to be covered.