Olive oil is a popular natural ingredient that is being use in many beauty remedies. This oil offers various health benefits and works wonders upon application to your skin and hair.
Olive oil is a great moisturizing ingredient, which conditions your hair, thus making them more manageable. Upon regular use, olive oil can help you get rid of all your scalp and hair problems.
This amazing haircare ingredient will add more strength and shine into your hair. Here are 3 DIY olive oil masks that you can make, which can add shine to your hair and prevent breakage. These DIY natural homemade hair masks can be used for all hair types.
DIY Olive Oil Hair Masks:
1. Olive Oil and Avocado Hair Mask for Hair Breakage
This hair mask contains 3 ingredients olive oil, avocado and honey. Avocadoes are rich in Vitamin B, vitamin E and proteins, to revive dry and dull hair. Also, it adds volume and body to lifeless hair.
Honey is also a known natural hair softener, and helps in preventing moisture loss from the scalp. These 3 ingredients are perfect for breakage.
1 ripe avocado
2-3 Tbsps Olive oil
1 Tbps Honey
1. Add 1 ripe avocado (cut into small cubes), olive oil, honey and yoghurt.
2. Blend them together.
3. Start applying this olive oil hair mask mixture, on your wet hair starting from root to tips.
4. Leave on for 40-45 minutes.
5. Rinse off using lots of water, shampoo and condition your hair as you normally would.
2. Olive Oil and Banana Hair Mask for Dry Hair
Known as your go-to mask, if you have dry hair from over-processing or coloring.
1. Add 1 ripe banana, 1 teaspoon honey and 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil in a blender.
2. Apply onto your hair, especially focusing on the hair ends.
3. Leave on for 30 minutes.
4. Rinse off using warm water, and use a mild shampoo and conditioner.
3. Olive Oil and Coconut Oil Hair Mask for Damaged Hair
Coconut oil is one of the well-known and natural remedy to nourish and repair damaged hair. It is the best thing to misturize, rehydrate, revitalize and to add volume and shine to your hair. While honey and olive oil are great moisturizer, as they help penetrate deep into your hair.
2-3 Tbsps Coconut oil
2 Tbsps Olive oil
2 Tbsps Honey
1. Mix coconut oil and olive oil.
2. Place the mixture above hot water, and when this is a little bit warm, remove them.
3. Add honey.
4. Combine all ingredients.
5. Apply the mask over your scalp and hair.
photo credit: pixabay