Antibacterial medications are prescribed for toenail fungus. But, some of these medications come with several side effects.
However there is a natural remedy for treating toenail fungus, an option minus the harmful side effects that antibiotics can bring.
This natural remedy makes use of the fact that toenail fungus can only thrive within a certain pH range. These make use of the alkaline properties of baking soda and the acidic quality of apple cider vinegar.
Natural Remedy for Nail Fungus
Apple cider vinegar
1. Fill the basin with enough apple cider vinegar to submerge at least your nails.
2. Let your feet soak for at least 20 minutes.
3. Remove your feet after 20 minutes.
4. Pat your feet completely dry.
5. Fill the basin with warm water covering your nails.
6. Soak your feet in the warm water for 15-20 minutes.
7. Add 1/2 cup of baking soda in the water.
8. Soak your feet soak for another 15-20 minutes.
9. Wipe your feet dry.
Tips to Prevent Nail Fungus
These tips that can be followed to prevent aggregation of nail fungus:
- Trim your nails regularly.
- Use brushes and tea tree oil to clean your nails.
- Avoid wearing shoes that are open near the toes. Fungi thrive most on dark and moist environment.