The facial muscles begin to loosen out as we age. But, before resorting to any costly cosmetic treatment, botox, chemical peels, and wrinkle fillers, you can consider practicing some face yoga exercises. This will give you long-term results naturally.
Doing Facial Yoga or facial exercises, is a natural way to make your face look younger thru the toning of the muscles. Facial yoga helps to make your jawbone more prominent, shreds the excess fat in your face and enhances the cheekbones.
These exercises are very easy to follow and will help in reducing the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines, thereforem giving you a younger looking face.
7 Easy Face Exercises:
1. Buddha Face
Another exercise for your face is called as the “Buddha face”.
This exercise works the same as rebooting a computer or laptop. This means, you are encouraging your face to smile, instead of scowl or grimace, which a lot of people do without realizing it. This further promotes the formation of wrinkles and fine lines.
1. Think of the Buddha’s face with his slight, calm smile, and with the eyes closed.
2. Then, imagine that it has been super-imposed on your face, while matching his expression.
2. Do the “Kissing The Sky”
This face yoga exercises is one of the easiest poses.
1. First, sit on the chair with your back straight.
2. Lean your head back slowly, until you are looking up at the ceiling.
3. Your lips should be closed yet loose.
4. Purse your lips like you are kissing the ceiling.
5. Keep this exaggerated kiss pose for a few seconds.
6. Repeat this routine at least 10 times.
Do this exercise a few times daily. You should feel this move as a stretch through the underside of your jaw and your neck.
3. Firm Cheeks
This face yoga exercise is rather simple to practice.
This cheek-firming exercise will help in strengthening your cheek muscles and preventing your cheek from appearing thinner, which contributes to that hollow look, that you often see on middle-aged people.
1. Take a big breath through your mouth.
2. Keep it so your cheeks are strongly puffed out.
3. After several seconds, release your breath.
4. Fish Face
Fish face helps tone and stretch your cheek muscles. This will make your cheeks less flabby and your face sleek.
1. Smile while pursing your lips.
2. Make a fish face by sucking the inside of your cheeks into the gap between the sides of your teeth.
3. Perform this exercise for 5 times to tone and firm your lips and cheeks.
5. Puppet Face
Lift nasal labial fold, which is lso called as the “puppet face“, is an exercise that can reduce wrinkles around your mouth.
Round and plump cheeks are the sign of youthful vigor, and by doing this exercise, you will help strengthen your cheek muscles, help in restoring more plump, and youthful cheeks, minus resorting to injectable fillers.
1. Smile with your teeth showing off.
2. Gently press your fingertips into the creases between the nose and lips.
3. Lift those muscles up, and press the fingers down by applying slight resistance.
6. Say Goodbye to Crow’s Feet
This face exercise works wonders to reduce unwanted lines around your eyes, which is also known as crow’s feet.
1. Open your eyes wide, as if you are scared or startled.
2. While doing this exercise, pull your skin back with the help of your hands.
7. Stick Your Tongue Out
1. Stick your tongue out as far as it will go.
2. Hold this pose for at least 60 seconds.
3. Repeat 3 times.
photo credit: pixabay