People love to make their own all-natural health and beauty products. They find satisfaction in knowing that they are using things that are so good for their skin, hair, face and nails.
But did you know that coconut oil and honey blend are powerful combination? Read below to know more.
Honey contains anti-microbial and anti-viral properties. It is widely recognized for it’s ability to calm a cough. Also, local honey is very helpful for allergies.
You can choose organic or raw honey, if finding local honey is not an option for you.
Coconut oil is one of the richest sources of Lauric Acid. Lauric Acid is saturated fat that is present in breast milk and is loaded with immunity-building properties.
Studies have shown that coconut oil is helpful for diabetes and hypothyroid, and can even slow the progression of Alzheimer’s. You can find virgin coconut oil in your local health food store.
Uses of Coconut Oil and Honey:
1. Bath Soak
I am not an avid bath-taker, but when I do I like to go all out. Adding honey and coconut oil to your bath water will help to hydrate and repair your skin. If you want to take it a step further, you can add a few drops of lavender essential oils as well.
2. Coconut Oil With Honey Cough Syrup
Honey and coconut oil can be combined with lemon juice to produce a cough syrup. Because these are all natural-based ingredients, this mixture can be taken as prevention for cough and to help boost your immune system.
3 Tbsp lemon juice
2 Tbsp unrefined coconut oil
¼ cup raw honey
1. Mix honey and lemon juice.
2. Place the coconut oil in a saucepan using low heat.
3. Add in the honey and lemon mix, once the coconut oil is liquid. Just leave it for a few seconds.
4. Remove syrup from sauce pan. Then pour into a glass container.
5. To use, simply add 1-2 teaspoon of this syrup to hot water or tea.
This syrup can also be used in soothing and healing illnesses of the respiratory tract.
3. Honey and Coconut Moisturizing Mask
1 Tbsp raw honey
1 Tbsp coconut oil
1. Combine honey and coconut oil.
2. Apply the mixture to your neck and face with your fingertips.
3. Leave on for at least 20 minutes.
4. Rinse off using lukewarm water.