Coffee has always been the go to choice of many when it comes to waking their brains up in the morning or when they’re suffering from the effects of a long day but did you know that there are other ways to get that jolt you are looking for? For those who want to cut back on their caffeine intake or are looking for more natural ways to boost their mental alertness especially in the morning, here are five ways that you might want to try out.
- Get out of bed and workout. Exercising first thing in the morning may not be your top priority especially when it’s nice to burrow underneath your beddings and sleep some more. However, there have been several studies that show that working out early in the morning can actually boost your energy levels and keep you mentally alert as well. This is due to the endorphins that your body is releasing when you exercise. Even a 30-minute workout can get your heart pumping more which is good for your overall health.
- Take a shower. Another trick to waking yourself up in the morning without resorting to your cup of Joe is to take a quick shower especially after you exercise. The cold water will definitely jolt you awake and if you really want to make your shower more effective, use some organic body wash to improve your mood.
- Eat an apple. One way to wake you up minus drinking coffee is to eat apples in the morning. This fruit contains carbohdyrates as well as natural sugars that can help stabilize your blood sugar levels to sustain your energy throughout the day. Eating other types of fruits like oranges and bananas can do the same thing which is why it’s always a good idea to have some fruits in the morning. If you want to prolong the satiety effects of eating fruits, add some protein like yogurt for breakfast.
- Try drinking some tea. If you’re used to drinking something hot in the morning, you might want to try drinking tea. Tea also contains caffeine but in smaller doses compared to coffee. What makes tea a good choice in the morning is that it contains numerous health benefits such as better immune system, remove free radicals and other toxins in the body, as well as weight loss. There are different types of tea that you can try for your morning pick-me-up such as green tea peppermint, lavender, and black tea just to name a few.
- Get some sunlight. If you don’t have enough time in the morning to exercise, even a few minutes walking or exposing yourself to the morning sun can still be enough to wake you up. Standing outside and breathing the fresh air can help waken your senses and the best part is that you are not even drinking coffee.
As you can see, there are other methods that can help perk you up in the morning without you relying on drinking coffee all the time.