Luxury lip balms can make your lips look pretty, but they can also leave a nasty dent on your budget. If you love concocting your own beauty products at home using all-natural ingredients, you will surely love the DIY lip balm recipes below!
Aside from being easy on the pocket, another nice thing about these recipes is they do not contain artificial chemicals such as preservatives, colorants, flavorings and fragrances — all of which can do your lips more harm than good.
Coconut Lip Balm
Applying this DIY lip balm instantly takes you to a sunny beach where both the sky and sea are crystal blue. This particular lip balm recipe is one of the simplest and easiest recipes out there, making it perfect for you if this is your first time to get your hands on an actual DIY lip balm project.
- 1 cup of beeswax, shaved
- 1 teaspoon of vitamin E oil
- 3 tablespoons of coconut oil
- Place both the shaved beeswax and coconut oil in a small saucepan and place this saucepan in a large one with boiling water in it, about an inch high. Doing this nifty technique helps keep the beeswax from getting burned.
- Once the beeswax has completely melted, take the small saucepan out of the large one.
- While stirring, slowly add your vitamin E oil into the mixture.
- Allow to cool for a while and transfer to a small container. Once completely solidified, you may start applying your coconut lip balm.
Chocolate Lip Gloss
If your love chocolates, this DIY lip balm recipe is perfect for you. Since the goal is to create an all-natural lip balm, you will add actual chocolates to the mix to give the final product that luxurious flavor. Because chocolates are packed with antioxidants, this particular lip balm can help repair dry and damaged lips.
- 1 teaspoon of coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon of cocoa butter
- 1 teaspoon of almond oil
- 3 to 4 drops of vitamin E oil
- 3 to 4 pieces of semisweet chocolate chips
- Boil an inch of water in a large sauce pan.
- Once boiling, place all of the lip balm ingredients in a small saucepan, and place it in the large saucepan with the boiling water.
- Constantly stir with a spoon or spatula until the chocolate chips have completely melted.
- Once melted, take the small saucepan out of the large saucepan.
- Allow to cool for a while. Transfer to a small container and wait for it to completely solidify.
Tinted Lip Balm
This is the right DIY lip balm recipe for you if you want to add a dash of color to your lips. In order to give this particular lip balm the lovely color of your choice, all you have to do is add Kool-Aid in liquid or powder form.
- 3 tablespoons of petroleum jelly or shea butter
- 4 tablespoons of coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon of beeswax, shaved
- A little Kool-Aid of your choice
- In a small microwave bowl, place your shaved beeswax, coconut oil, and petroleum jelly or shea butter.
- Mix them very well and microwave for about a minute at low heat.
- Afterwards, add your Kool-Aid and mix very well.
- Allow it to cool for a while then transfer to a small container until fully solid.